hot water heat pumps
Harvest the free energy from our plentiful air to heat your water with the advanced heat pump from Chromagen. This renewable energy water heating technology uses up to 65% less energy than a conventional water heater, whilst providing reliable hot water all day and night.
Heat pumps utilize an ingenious technology to efficiently transfer thermal energy directly from the surrounding air and into the water, and so do not rely on direct sun or fossil fuels to provide an energy source.
How it Works
1. A fan draws in air, containing heat energy, across the evaporator
2. The evaporator turns the liquid refrigerant into a gas
3. The compressor pressurizes the refrigerant into a hot gas
4. The hot gas inside the condenser coil heats the water inside the coil-wrapped tank
5. The refrigerant reverts back to a liquid after heating the water and continues to the evaporator for the process to start again